Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Inspired by Telluride

As the sun sets on the horizon

The warm oranges and cream colors hug the Telluride landscape

Each moment the scene changes without ever losing sight of the same ridge line

The deep earthy colors warm your soul and lure you in

Black Bear Pass etched in the mountainside 

Entices anyone possessing an ounce of adventure to climb its terrain.


Telluride proudly displays its history in the mountains above 

The old town of Tomboy, a mining town, now crumbling slowly

Showing a hint of what life would have been like for its former inhabitants.


The warmth and comfort you feel

And unexplainable solace that comes 

From being surrounded by peak after peak of rocky terrain 

As ribbons of rosy clay peek out among the trees.



Embraced by a town so endearing, it seems almost cliché

That a beautiful bride and her groom should embark upon their own journey

Aboard a Land Rover Defender 110
 
To emblazon their own trail

Destiny unknown.


The only known fact, at this point, is that their history 

Much like the timeless beauty of Telluride 

Will remain forever etched in the hillside. 




This wedding experience was unlike no other I had ever encountered. I fell in love with the place and the people of the town. I pass on my love of the beauty, the only way I know how...


Colors from left to right: 
Tomboy Brown, Rosy Clay, Land Rover White, 
Telluride Orange, Mountain Sunset, and Mesa Verde Cream

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And I love the colors you created. Telluride is one of the most beautiful places on the planet and I'm so happy you were able to take that beauty home with you to share with others. Now....what can I find to paint??

    ReplyDelete